Themes “My favourite sport”, “A sports centre”
KEY WORDS: SPORTS (2)
play football [pleɪ ‘futbɔːl] играть в футбол
play basketball [pleɪ ‘bɑːskɪtbɔːl] играть в баскетбол
play tennis [pleɪ ‘tenɪs] играть в теннис
ski [skiː] кататься на лыжах
swim [swɪm] плавать
do the long jump [duː ð ə lɔŋ ʤʌmp] прыгать в длину
do the high jump [duː ð ə haɪ ʤʌmp] прыгать в высоту
run the 100 metres [rʌn ð ə ‘hʌndrəd ‘miːtə] бегать 100 метров
jump 3 metres [ʤʌmp θriː ‘miːtə] прыгать 3 метра
• Have students look at the Key Words and draw their attention to the verbs used with different groups of sports.
• Students check the meaning of the Key Words in their Mini-dictionaries.
• Students then listen and repeat the words on the recording.
• Then read out the example sentence to the class and draw students’ attention to the use of ‘good at’.
• Have students look back at the Key Words and make expressions with ‘good at’ for each of the Key Words, e.g. ‘good at football/swimming/the long jump’.
• Students then take turns to tell the class what sport each of them is good at. If necessary, teach any new vocabulary the students need.