The theme: The rules of sport.
a) educational: to rise students’ knowledge about rules of sport, to know about modal verb “ can/ can’t”
b) practical : to work in small groups, to do exercises, to write mini –dictation, to learn new words.
c) cultural: to interest students in learning English.
Visual aids : cards, pictures, tests.
The course of the lesson:
I Orgmoment: Greetings.
II Phonetic drills: p: 91 “Dream park” sing the song
III New theme:
1. Divide students into four groups, one of them is a leader.
2. Brainstorming: abkesbtlla
What is the theme of the lesson?
1 catch -c
2 kick -f
4. Ex: 1 a p: 44 Listen. Match the verbs with the pictures.
5. Ex: 1 b p: 44 Listen and check.
6. Presentation: Listen and read. Think about your answers.
Rules of sport:
7. Grammar Spot: Can/ can’t
8. Make three questions with the beginig: can you…?
9. Ex: 3 c p: 45 Make sentences with You can… or You can’t …
1) Bowling – You can’t throw the ball.
2) Tennis- You can’t roll the ball.
3) Basketball- You can’t roll the ball.
4) Football – You can head the ball
5) Bowling – You can’t kick the ball.
6) Tennis- You can’t catch the ball.
10. Answer the questions:
Teacher: Listen to me. I’ll describe you a sport.
a) Eleven people play this game, they use black and white ball to play (football)
b) You need a skate for it. (skateboarding)
c) You must come to a pool or to a river to go in for it (swimming)
d) Strong men like this sport. They wear white kimonoes. (judo)
e) These are two types of athletics (running/jumping)
f) You need a big orange ball and a basket with a net to play this game (basketball)
g) You need a white ball to play this game. You play with your hands and arms (volleyball)
h) Girls usually like this sport (gymnastics)
i) You need two rockets, a white ball and a net.(tennis)
11. My English file: students write rules of sport or a game of their choice. They should use can or can’t.
12 Conclusion: Write what sport can we do with:
a) Balls – football, tennis, polo etc.
b) Skates- figure skating, ice hockey, ice running etc.
c) Rackets- badminton, tennis, ping- pong etc.
d) Water- water polo, water skiing, swimming etc.
e) Horses- polo, horse racing, jumping etc.
Communal state organization
school-gymnasium № 1 by name M.Gorky
Demonstrative lesson :
“Rules of sport”
Form : 6 “A”
Teacher: L. Rajapova
1 catch -
2 kick -
2. Rules of sport:
3. Ex: 3 c p: 45 Make sentences with You can… or You can’t …
7) Bowling – You can’t …
8) Tennis- You can’t …
9) Basketball- You can’t…
10) Football – You can …
11) Bowling – You can’t …
12) Tennis- You can’t …
4 What can we do with
f) Balls –